Teaching kids to give
Lumbered as we are with The Citizenship Curriculum which was voted last year as "the worst taught curriculum", methinks this country's schools need inspiration.
I'd like to suggest some. Here's a simple and smart idea from Canada:
- Teenagers in a school are divided into groups
- Each group researches the most pressing needs in their community
- They then search out the charities catering to those needs
- Each group then argues its case for the primacy of the need and the charity
- The winning group's charity is given $5000